What is Windows Internet Guard?
Windows Internet Guard is a dangerous virus, classified as a rogue antivirus program. It was created with only one goal in mind – lure money out of unsuspecting computer users. It displays numerous warnings stating that your computer has been severely infected with viruses, keyloggers or trojans.
Whenever you launch an application, Windows Internet Guard virus may display a pop-up with the name of the app you're attempting to launch (shown below), indicating a possible infection. The real infection, however, is the rogue itself.
Another warning it may display indicates a possible theft of your bank account also showing your IP address to intimidate you.
Once installed, Windows Internet Guard sets itself to automatically run with Windows, and may restart your computer without any warning. If you try to remove any allegedly found infections with this app, it will ask you to activate it by paying at least $49.95 for a 6 month subscription (do NOT purchase it!).
How to remove Windows Internet Guard virus?
Automated Windows Internet Guard removal instructions
Automatic removal is safest and easiest way to deal with such infection. If, however, you are familiar with tampering with Windows' system files and registry, you may proceed to our manual removal guide.
First, it is essential that you "register" Windows Internet Guard with the key provided below. Registering the virus will reduce its' protective mechanisms and it will be significantly easier to get rid of, as it will no longer block other programs. However, if activating does not help, please follow our alternate removal instructions.
Once the rogue app is registered, you can launch your internet browser (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred browsers).
Type the following URL in your browser's address bar to download SpyHunter: http://removepcinfection.com/sh
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Windows Internet Guard infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Windows Internet Guard hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Alternate Removal Instructions
If for any reason regular instructions do not help, please follow this alternative guide to get rid of Windows Internet Guard:
Restart your computer into Safe Mode:
Open your web browser and download SpyHunter to remove Windows Internet Guard:
or type the following URL in your browser's address bar: http://removepcinfection.com/sh
- Click "Run" when it prompts you to. This will download and install SpyHunter which will automatically perform a full system scan.
Manual Windows Internet Guard removal instructions
Note: manual removal instructions are only for experienced computer users.
Please follow these instructions to delete Windows Internet Guard from your computer:
- Stop svc-jrdt.exe running process and any other processes with random name.
Delete the following files or folders:
- %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Internet Guard.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows Internet Guard.lnk
Delete the following registry value:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "MSMPENG"
Should you have any problems removing Windows Internet Guard, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.