What is Windows Internet Watchdog?
Windows Internet Watchdog is a rogue antivirus program which is very dangerous due to its' intrusive mechanisms and annoying behavior. It is very similar to another rogue in the family – Windows Internet Guard, having a common interface and similar warning messages.
Windows Internet Watchdog is usually installed silently using various internet browsers' security loopholes with a help of trojans, that inject the executable of so-called antivirus into your system. Once the virus is there on your PC, you will definitely notice it. Numerous pop-ups and system tray tooltips will notify you of some allegedly found infections that must be eliminated by purchasing the antivirus. However, the only infection here is Windows Internet Watchdog with the trojans it came along with.
We highly recommend that you remove the rogue from your system as soon as possible, as leaving it running may bring another similar infections to your PC in the future. Also, it is critically important that you have all Windows updates installed, as they usually patch holes that are used by such viruses to infiltrate into your system.
How to remove Windows Internet Watchdog virus?
Automated Windows Internet Watchdog removal instructions
Although it is possible to remove Windows Internet Watchdog manually, we highly recommend an automated removal, because a dedicated application will eliminate all traces of the infection. If, however, you feel like tampering with your PC's settings and registry, you can check our manual instructions below in this webpage.
First, it is essential that you "register" Windows Internet Watchdog with the key provided below. Registering the virus will reduce its' protective mechanisms and it will be significantly easier to get rid of, as it will no longer block other programs. However, if activating does not help, please follow our alternate removal instructions.
- On the main screen of Windows Internet Watchdog, click on the blue help icon with a questionmark and select Register.
Type in the following activation key:
- Click Register button.
Once the rogue app is registered, you can launch your internet browser (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred browsers).
Type the following URL in your browser's address bar to download SpyHunter: http://removepcinfection.com/sh
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Windows Internet Watchdog infection.
- Once it's detected, you can remove Windows Internet Watchdog hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Alternate Removal Instructions
If for any reason regular instructions do not help, please follow this alternative guide to get rid of Windows Internet Watchdog:
Restart your computer into Safe Mode:
Open your web browser and download SpyHunter to remove Windows Internet Watchdog:
or type the following URL in your browser's address bar: http://removepcinfection.com/sh
- Click "Run" when it prompts you to. This will download and install SpyHunter which will automatically perform a full system scan.
Manual Windows Internet Watchdog removal instructions
Note: manual removal instructions are only for experienced computer users.
Please follow these instructions to delete Windows Internet Watchdog from your computer:
- Stop svc-jrdt.exe running process and any other processes with random name.
Delete the following files or folders:
- %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Internet Watchdog.lnk
- %Desktop%\Windows Internet Watchdog.lnk
Delete the following registry value:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Windows Internet Watchdog"
Should you have any problems removing Windows Internet Watchdog, don't hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.