What is Yaimo.com?
Yaimo belongs to a family of browser hijackers and is associated with yaimo.com website. Typically, users notice of having their PC infected when yaimo.com pops up upon launching a web browser. Browser hijackers like Yaimo are usually not considered as viruses, but they are classified as unwanted applications because of the following reasons:
- They change your browser settings without your consent
- They redirect your searches through a fishy website (in this case – yaimo.com)
- They do not have an uninstaller app, or if they do, not all files can be completely removed, thus leaving the infection still operating afterwards
- They track your browsing habits and may report the gathered data to third party companies (mostly advertising companies)
Yaimo can infect most modern browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. A complete removal of Yaimo is highly recommended as more malware can be brought into your PC. Also, browser hijackers like Yaimo is a huge privacy risk and one of the causes of a slower PC.
How to remove Yaimo.com browser hijacker?
Automated Yaimo.com removal instructions
We recommend a dedicated anti-spyware app to completely erase all files related to Yaimo.com browser hijacker, as well as fix your browser. However, if you are an experienced computer user, you may follow our manual removal guide below in this page.
To download SpyHunter to fix your computer from Yaimo.com, please click on the button below:
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect Yaimo.com infection.
- Once it’s detected, you can remove Yaimo.com browser hijacker by registering SpyHunter. You will also have an active protection against such threats in the future.
Manual Yaimo.com removal instructions
Note: manual removal is only recommended to experienced computer users, because improper modifications to the Registry or browser’s settings may cripple your browser (or even your system), resulting in a need to reinstall it.
Please follow these instructions to delete Yaimo.com from your computer:
Go to Control Panel and open “Programs and Features” (or “Add/Remove Programs”). Find all entries named “Yaimo.com” and select “Uninstall”.
For Internet Explorer:
In the menu, select “Tools -> Manage add-ons”.
- Under “Toolbars and Extensions”, right-click on an entry with “Yaimo.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”.
- Under “Search Providers”, right-click on an entry with “conduit” or “Yaimo.com” in the name and select “Remove” or “Disable”. Right-click on your preferred search engine and select “Set as default”.
- In the menu, select “Tools -> Internet options”. Change the home page to your desired page and click OK.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to “chrome://extensions/” and remove all extensions that have “Yaimo.com” in the name by clicking on a recycle bin icon.
- Go to “chrome://settings/startup” and remove “Yaimo.com” from the list. Add your desired home page that you want loaded on Chrome startup.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to “about:addons”, select “Extensions” on the left, and remove all extensions that have “Yaimo.com” in the name by clicking “Remove” button.
- Go to “about:preferences”, select “General” and change your home page to your liking.
- Install SearchReset add-on from here. It will automatically restore your search engine to the default one.
Delete “Yaimo.com” folders from these locations:
Open Registry editor, find all entries (CTRL+F) containing “Yaimo.com” and remove them.
Should you have any problems removing Yaimo.com, don’t hesitate to drop a comment below or contact us directly on our contact page.